Senior Care Assistant
Senior Care Assistant- Residential Care Home - Permanent .
You should be an experienced Carer or a Senior Carer looking for a new position in an Elderly Residential Care Home in Welbourn Lincolnshire. Due to the location of the Care Centre it would be advantageous if you had access to your own transport as public transport is sporadic.
Job Role: To support the Manager in the overall management of the home.
Assume responsibilities of the Manager in his/her absence. To create an environment which respects the rights and wishes of the residents and to encourage person centred care and maximises independence.
The successful person will be joining a close-knit, friendly team who offer a quality service.
As a Senior Care Assistant you will be responsible for:
* Understanding and providing the requirements for "normal" health and to have insight into the effects on the client and family when continued care is needed.
* To assist the client in any area of his/her daily care needs which they would normally undertake themselves if they were able to do so.
* To participate in holistic caring activities.
* Care for all clients' needs as required with the aim of optimising their independence.
* Ensure a system is in place that promotes residents participation in the planning and reviewing of care.
* To be responsible for the care planning process, maintaining appropriate medication and care delivery for a designated group of service users
* To understand the right of the individual to confidentiality.
* Moving and handling, dressing and assisting residents in their daily hygiene and dressing needs.
* Observing and reporting any changes in residents condition
* Report to Manager any hazard or unsafe equipment that may be injurious to the health and safety of staff, residents and visitors
* To attend any in-service training arranged as part of staff development and mandatory training, which is a legal requirement
As a Senior Care Assistant it would be desirable to have:
* NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care.
* Previous experience of as a senior in a Residential Care or Nursing Home.
* A Passion for Care of the Elderly.
* Experience of Medication Administration
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on 'Apply' and follow a short application process.