Our client is a rapidly growing ICP (Independent Connection Provider) company, providing services to High Voltage Electrical Networks including private utilities & the renewable sector. Due to their continued growth they are looking for a Major Projects Manager.
The Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Carrying out project management on assigned HV connections projects
- Overall project execution & management of delivery teams (internal & external) for defined projects
- Managing all aspects of individual projects, including: sub-contracts, coordinating resources & technical support
- Managing supply chain issues
- Compiling a target-cost programme
- Ensuring buildable solutions are approved & handed over to the civil construction teams
- Establishing working relationships with supply chain representatives to execute projects efficiently
- Carrying out site inspections as appropriate & agree benchmarks on quality
- Managing &/or carry out factory inspections as appropriate
- Inspections during the commissioning phase of the works
- Managing safety, health & environmental matters proactively
- Conducting regular safety audits & assist, if required, in preparation of risk assessments
- Presenting a monthly review to the Management, With an overall brief to ensure on time delivery, in a safe manner & within budget
Suitable candidates must have:
- A minimum 3 to 5 years Electrical Experience within project management on 11kV / 33kV Networks
- Electrical Qualification (HNC/HND minimum)
- Ideally be an experienced SAP to 11kV / 33kV
The person carrying out this role is likely to be a highly mobile, motivated, experienced commercially orientated professional with a proven track record of supporting teams in a demanding customer focused operational environment. The ability to work under pressure and achieve challenging deadlines is essential.
In addition, you will need:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel
- Good written, verbal & presentation skills
The role will be based in their Head Office in Scunthorpe; travel will be required to the project locations throughout the UK. (40 hours a week).
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV and covering letter.