Mental Health Care Assistant - Patient Transport Support Worker (AWDO-C3284)
- Full Time
Mental Health Care Assistant / Patient Transport Support Worker that is compassionate, has a caring nature and excellent communication skills required for a well-established Healthcare Service Provider based in Lincoln, Lincolnshire, East Midlands.
SALARY: £8.50 per hour + Benefits
WORKING HOURS: Zero Hours Contract (flexibility to work on rota basis which can include nights, bank holidays and weekends as required)
** Full Training Provided **
** Comprehensive Two Week Induction Programme **
** Ideal for Healthcare Professionals or Candidates with a Keen Interest in Healthcare **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Mental Health Care Assistant / Patient Transport Support Worker that is compassionate, has a caring nature and excellent communication skills.
The Company is currently looking for enthusiastic, care focused individuals that have a keen interest in health care. For the right individuals the Company will provide you with a comprehensive Induction Programme where full training will be provided.
Working as the Mental Health Care Assistant / Patient Transport Support Worker you will act as a member of the secure patient transport team and be responsible for the care and safety of both secure and regular patient transfers.
As the Mental Health Care Assistant / Patient Transport Support Worker you will communicate with patients, colleagues, relative and other stakeholders to maintain the highest standards of patient care.
Your responsibilities as the Mental Health Care Assistant / Patient Transport Support Worker will include carrying out a safe and secure transfer/conveyance of patients from one place to another in accordance with instructions and training received.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
- Preparation of vehicle and equipment in accordance with procedures
- Awareness of all policies, procedures and work instructions as issued by the management team
- Contribute to care and support in conjunction with other team members to ensure best possible patient experience
- Help promote and maintain an environment conducive to meeting insofar as possible the needs of the patient / relatives and carers
- Contribute to the legality and accuracy of the patients care and safety and or other reports and the effectiveness of the established communication /reporting during the conveyance
- Participate in regular team debriefing/meetings and attend other meetings as requested
- Provide support and assistance to team leaders and registered staff, including administrative duties as required
- Participate in training to enhance and refresh knowledge as required by management team
- Assisting in the maintenance of stock levels, including pharmaceutical products
- Assisting in the maintenance of vehicle cleanliness and tidiness and adhere to infection control policy and procedures at all times
- Reporting incidents and accidents in a timely manner in accordance with procedures
- Assisting the patient to ensure they have the opportunity to meet their individual dietary requirements during any conveyance
- Making and receive telephone calls as required and convey information in an accurate, professional and courteous manner
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High levels of literacy and numeracy
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle sensitive situations professionally, assertively, with empathy
- Willing to undertake training in line with requirements of the post
- Self-disciplined and able to work as part of a team
- A high standard of personal hygiene and a professional appearance is essential
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV's of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Healthcare Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in Lincoln, Lincolnshire, East Midlands
AWD online operates as an employment agency
Apply for Mental Health Care Assistant - Patient Transport Support Worker (AWDO-C3284)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly