Warehouse Operative - Part time/Full time
Our successful business is growing so we are now looking for a warehouse operative with career progression opportunities. The roll would maybe suit a semi-retired person or young person looking to progress in warehouse or facilities management. The ideal candidate will need to be self-motivated, be physically fit as the role does have physical demands, they must also have the ability to function well as part of a team and have a tidy and organised work ethic. The roll will be approx. 4 hours per day Monday to Friday or full time dependant on experience.
- Driving License.
- Professional appearance
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Customers and Co-Workers.
- Diligent attention to detail and ability to pack efficiently
- Attention to safety.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Desirable Requirements – Full training will be given to the successful candidate:
Fork Lift Certificate counterbalance but also advantageous if all-terrain telehandler also held.
First Aid Certificate.
Experience of working in a Warehouse / engineering stores environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Taking delivery of goods and supplies.
- Driving delivery/collection of components to/from local fabricators
- Storing of goods.
- Preparation of stock.
- Loading of stock by hand or forklift.
- Input and maintain data inventory.
- Assisting with stock taking.
- Keeping Warehouse and work area clean and tidy.
- Assembly (training given) and packing
The position does have physical Demands:
- Loading and unloading of goods from vehicle.
- Stacking of goods in correct storage bays.
- Stacking of empty pallets.
Education and Experience:
• Numeracy, literacy and computer skills