Arnold Hill Academy Trent Academies Group
Post Deputy Headteacher
Required September 2017
Following the promotion to Headteacher of the current postholder, this is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and exceptional Senior Leader to join the Senior Leadership Team. We are looking for someone with drive and enthusiasm to help lead Arnold Hill Academy to Good - and beyond.
Arnold Hill Academy joined the Trent Academies Group in January 2016. This was following an OFSTED inspection in 2015 which led to the ‘serious weaknesses’ category. Since then the academy has been steadily improving. In October 2016 an HMI monitoring visit recognised that it was on track to be judged ‘Good’ at the next inspection. We are confident this will happen.
The specific areas of responsibility will be decided upon appointment as we believe that it is important to ensure that we have the right person, with complimentary skills, to enhance the capable Senior Leadership Team.
The key qualities that we are looking for include the following:
- Proven leadership capability and readiness to assume responsibility for a key area of academy management.
- High aspiration, vision and creativity. A belief that education has the power to change lives.
- Resilience to overcome barriers to move the Academy from RI to Good.
- Commitment to inclusion.
- Commitment to working with colleagues across Trent Academies Group.
- A passion to encourage all pupils to be the best they can be and able to act as a role model for other colleagues.
- Able to lead CPD events and commitment to the development of skills in teachers and others who support learning.
- A curiosity to be well informed of changes in the education world and how these will impact at AHA and across the Group.
If you believe that you can offer what we are looking for then please click the apply button to be directed.
If you would like to arrange to visit the academy then please contact Jayne Gilmartin at Jayne.Gilmartin@arnoldhillacademy.co.uk
Closing date: 24th April 2017
Interview date: 4th May 2017
Please note that there is an expectation within our school that all staff take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people. This post is therefore subject to an enhanced DBS Check.