Development Management Officer
2 days left
- Full Time
Mansfield District Council has a unique opportunity available for a Development Management Officer to join the team. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of £20,661 to £24,964 per annum plus benefits.
As one of the largest employers in the area we offer a wide range of services across the district including housing repairs, parks and green spaces, neighbourhood wardens, environmental health, planning and customer services to name just a few.
About the role as a Development Management Officer:
We seek a motivated individual who is capable of working as part of a high performing team, with little supervision, to join us and play a key role in delivering developments of a minor nature to bring forward and support the Corporate desire for regeneration of the district.
As our Development Management Officer you will be situated within the historic market town of Mansfield - Nottinghamshire’s second biggest settlement and close to the heart of Sherwood Forest, with easy access to Nottingham, Derby, Sheffield and the Peak District along with excellent links to both the M1 and A1 highway networks. With excellent leave entitlement, generous flexi system in operation, Mansfield District Council and its central location has a lot to offer and is a great place to work
What skills and experience do I need to have to become a Development Management Officer?
- Some experience in Development Management is desirable
- A qualification in Town Planning at degree level is essential
We offer our Development Management Officer a fantastic benefits package!
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual performance development scheme
- A minimum of 27 days annual leave in a full year increasing to 34 days after 5 years service. In addition there are 8 public holidays and 2 variable concessionary days
- Flexible working hours
- Discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
- Childcare vouchers
- Leisure facilities at a reduced rate
- Free, confidential support service to all employees and their families
Closing Date: 18 April 2017
Interview Date: W/C 1 May 2017
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to develop your career as our Development Management Officer.