4 days left
- Full Time
£26 - £29K - Days
The UK market leader in the production of piping systems for a growing market, both in the UK and abroad, are seeking a qualified Maintenance Engineer. With a recognised time served apprenticeship, or professionally qualified, your ideal background may be from a factory or food environment. As a Mechanical/Electrical or Multi Skilled Engineer you will be required to effectively and safely repair, modify and service production machinery and its ancillary equipment within Polypipe, working as either part of a team or on your own initiative. This work will include breakdown repairs, machine overhauls and modifications, PPM, TPM and continuous improvement projects.
You will have sound knowledge and demonstrative skills in hydraulics, pneumatics, fabrication & welding, bench fitting, general mechanical engineering, PLC control, relay logic, single phase & three phase motor control, general electrical engineering to include testing, isolation and fault finding all combined with a good team work ethic.
- Time served, with a recognised apprenticeship
- Experience & understanding of automated manufacturing systems
- Electrical understanding desirable, not essential
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of control systems & PLC's
- A hands on team player with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and capable of working unsupervised
- Ability to demonstrate previous involvement in continuous improvement initiatives
- Carry out proactive and reactive maintenance to ensure minimum product downtime
- Contribute to implementing new working methods and actively participate in continuous movement
- Ensure consistency in quality of work across the various lines
- To act as a mentor to the line engineers
- Ensure smooth changeovers/handovers between shifts
- Work with line engineers to ensure factory shut down is dealt with efficiently and within allocated time scale
- To actively and analytically fault find
- To understand company performance measurements such as OEE, Scrap, Spoilage, Cycle etc
- Promote and adhere to the Company Health and Safety Policy, ensuring that all tasks are carried out to the safe systems of work provided by management
You may live within a commutable distance from West Ashby, Woodhall Spa, Spilsby, Braston, Lincoln, Market Rasen, Skegness, North Hykeham, Louth or Boston.
Root2 Recruit is working in partnership with this client and is acting as an employment agency. As part of the application process we will email you further information about the role which includes a brief application form for you to complete.
Apply for Maintenance Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly