Site / Operations Manager
TMS International has an exciting opportunity for a Site / Operations Manager to join our team based in North Lincolnshire. The successful candidate will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £40,000 to £48,000 per annum (depending on experience), plus excellent benefits.
We are a global business offering outsourced mill services predominantly to the steel industry with a global footprint in over 80 locations and employing over 4500 personnel. We are a very established business with a vast array of heritage and history that spans many decades and pride ourselves on creating value for our customers.
Operating within the heavy industry sector we provide not only the best equipment but also the right people and most cost effective service for our partners offering a solution orientated approach.
Main purpose of the role of our Site / Operations Manager
Reporting to the General Manager of UK operations, the successful candidate will oversee site operations to ensure that all personnel are working safely and efficiently and are meeting the expectations and needs of the organisation and its customers. This is predominantly a site based role and it is expected that 80% of working time will be spent on site.
What you will be doing as our Site / Operations Manager
- Monitoring, mentoring and motivating departmental managers and their teams to achieve organisational goals and key performance indicators
- Carry out regular site inspections and audits to ensure site safety and employee compliance adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for contractual obligations
- Identify skills or opportunity gaps and carry out assessment of services across the site
- Providing support to the area managers and liaising both internally and with customers at all levels.
What you need to become our Site / Operations Manager
- 5 years+ experience in Site Management
- Demonstrable knowledge of P&L
- Ability to analyse and scrutinise
- Able to interpret customer requirements effectively
- Strong Management skills
- NEBOSH Qualification
- The successful candidate will also have a sound knowledge of Health & Safety and have a good technical and commercial awareness
- Our UK head office is based in North Lincolnshire but travel is essential on occasion to meet with customer requirements and whilst working on new opportunities.
In return the company offers a competitive salary and benefits package including a company vehicle allowance scheme, annual bonus, 28 days holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, and childcare voucher scheme.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Site / Operations Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!