QA Technologist - Scunthorpe
Title: QA Technologist
Location: Scunthorpe - Full-time / Permanent
Salary: £Competitive plus benefits
Purpose: To ensure that all Heritage own label products are safe, legal and conform to specifications laid down by the business. The position is specifically aimed at the Chilled and / or Produce Sector of Nisa's business although the holder of the position may be asked to cover other areas in addition to this
Reports to: Head of Technical
This company is an award winning group which helps retailers flourish in the retail market by distributing quality and competitive food at scale. Our ethos is to support communities around the UK, by helping independent retailers make a true difference to their local area.
This role is primarily office based, but visits to suppliers will be required on a regular basis for site visits and first productions runs. Additionally, some travel/overnight stays will be required.
Key Result Areas:
* To have overall responsibility for a supplier base within the product areas of Chilled Frozen and / or produce; including factory approval, product specifications, monitoring of product quality, monitoring of analysis and new product development.
* The products/ suppliers allocated to the applicant's product group will be based on experience.
Specific Areas of Work:
* To manage and to carry out allocated routine supplier evaluations, non-routine supplier visits, new supplier evaluations and any first production runs that are required. These visits may be within the UK, Europe or world wide
* To provide full and detailed reports on these visits to form part of the statutory defence should any offence arise
* To establish good working relationships with the supplier base.
* To action branded and own label product recalls in conjunction with the Recall co-ordinator and to deputise for them as required.
* To keep abreast of changes to legislation and industry standards and update and advise the business accordingly.
* To provide support and advice to facilitate the smooth running of the Technical Department
* Provide Technical support from suppliers to delivery ensuring members receive quality products.
* Training of depot staff in regards to quality.
* To be the first point of contact for any Technical issues with relevant Heritage Own Label suppliers.
* To monitor product quality and analyse results to ensure the standard of own label products are maintained.
* To be involved in new product development with the supplier base and relevant internal departments including Trading .
* To approve Technical content of Heritage own label specifications.
* To be trained up in the "Muddy Boots" depot check system and use the website to monitor and report on product quality
* To be educated to degree level or a HND in Food Technology, Microbiology, Food Science or a related discipline
* To have a recognized auditing qualification.
* Working experience of auditing in a manufacturing environment, preferably across a range of product categories but experience particularly in the chilled and/or produce area would be valuable.
* Excellent technical and analytical skills;
* Ability to transfer knowledge from one produce category to another . the successful candidate may be asked to look after unfamiliar product categories , but will have the ability to transfer knowledge to these areas .
* Good communication skills at all levels
* To work independently and achieve results to strict time scales
* Excellent IT skills
* Good numerical skills and an understanding of statistics.
In order to continue your application, please click 'Apply' to forward your CV.