New Ollerton, Nottinghamshire
Starting rate £7.50
Our client goes that extra mile in every aspect of the care and facilities it provides, and that is especially true in recruiting and training its staff. Working in a modern, well equipped, multi-disciplinary environment for people of working age with life limiting physical conditions. Previous experience is not essential as full training and support will be given.
- Career training, progression and regular supervision.
- 5.6 weeks annual leave.
- Contributory Pension.
- Free uniforms and parking.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Many opportunities to develop and grow within a growing business.
Care is fully supported onsite with Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Ward Clerks, Care Managers, Team Leaders, Enablers, Pharmacy Technician and many others.
Easily Accessible from North Nottinghamshire and South Yorkshire, with only 40 minutes or less driving time from Doncaster, Rotherham, Newark, Worksop, Retford, Mansfield, Sheffield.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Demonstrate understanding of the care needs of the service users.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety, particularly moving and Handling techniques, Fire Safety and COSHH.
- Work toward and achieve minimum NVQ Level 2.
- Assist service users in their personal care including toileting, cleaning, bathing, dressing and undressing, ensuring optimum independence, dignity and respect of individuals.
- Serve meals and beverages, encouraging and assisting in the feeding of service users require additional attention at mealtimes.
- Assist service users with restricted mobility to move to dining areas at mealtimes and other communal areas for social activities and stimulation and to the privacy of their bedrooms at their request.
- Regularly attend to service users with reduced continence control, toileting, cleaning and changing continence pads and removing wet or soiled clothing to ensure the service user remains comfortable and the risk of skin deterioration is reduced and monitored.
- Carry out care activity in accordance with the care plan for less active and frail service users, particularly turning and moving to reduce the risk of development of pressure sores, as requested by the person in charge.
- Ensure bedroom areas are kept tidy, pleasant and comfortable by making beds, regularly changing bed linen and emptying commodes.
- Responsible for the regular cleaning of equipment involved in personal care of service users, including commodes and wheelchairs.
- Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of loads, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety and the safety of service users, visitors and staff.
- Understand personal responsibilities with regard to Health and Safety at Work legislation, particularly in relation to moving and handling of service users and fire safety and evacuation procedures.
- Act courteously towards service users and their visitors, respecting the dignity and individuality of each service user.
- Contribute fully to team working, responding positively to colleagues and actioning all reasonable work instructions promptly.
- Take reasonable care of items of equipment used to carry out tasks, including general cleanliness and advising on any faults or the need for maintenance or replacement.
- Responsible for the safe and tidy storage of supplies and equipment.
- To attend Staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- To adhere to the Home’s Policies and Procedures.
Apply for Carers/Enablers
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly