Junior Accounts Payable Clerk
1 Year fixed term contract
Beeswax Dyson Farming is a hugely diverse farming business with a long term vision to improve our soils and act as a beacon of innovation in the development of agricultural technology. We currently farm over 30,000 acres in the UK and have a significant environmental commitment.
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Junior AP Clerk will be part of a team responsible for processing supplier invoices efficiently, to schedule and in accordance with contractual arrangements. The team also ensure approvals and processes are within policy guidelines and standards, as well as handling and resolving all related queries. Duties will include:
- Assisting with the processing of supplier invoices for the company in accordance with operating procedures and deadlines ensuring that all invoices are processed effectively, and accurately, also accounting for the correct treatment of VAT and CIS deductions.
- Ensuring that all purchase invoice transactions are appropriately approved, coded and input onto the accounts payable system to maintain accuracy, completeness and timeliness of data and accounting records.
- Sorting and distributing daily post.
- Managing the accounts e-mail inbox including printing and stamping all relevant documentation, and dealing with queries that may arise.
- Assisting with the preparation and processing of electronic payments and all necessary approvals.
- Setting up new suppliers according to the company policy and to forward information to the relevant department for completion and approval.
- Working with department managers and the Senior Management Team to ensure that invoices are approved in a timely manner and that any queries or problems are resolved promptly.
- Reconciling supplier statements and dealing with any issues that may arise from them.
- Filing and other administrative tasks as required.
- Greeting visitors as required.
Person specification /Core Competencies
- GCSE or relevant level 2 qualification and AAT qualification or similar.
- Experience of data entry on an accounting system, dealing with suppliers and liaising with internal departments.
- A commitment to provide high levels of accuracy and timeliness.
- An understanding of the process of data entry and a familiarity with MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- An excellent telephone manner with good attention to detail.
- Good administrative skills and a flexible approach to work.
- Ability to form positive relationships with colleagues.