General Trades Supervisor - Voids
Job title: General Trades Supervisor - Voids
Salary: £31,635 per annum
Permanent, full time, 40 hours per week
Our client is a leading local social housing provider in the Grimsby and surrounding areas. They are currently looking for a General Trades Supervisor who will be responsible for managing and leading a team of Void Trade Operatives working within the minor work streams. You will have responsibility for ensuring that personal, financial, and performance targets are either achieved or exceeded.
A full, clean driving licence is essential for this role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of Trade Operatives to deliver service requirements, including planning workloads, monitoring the quality of work and directing work
- Ensuring completion within target timescales on empty properties that require major work carrying out to them; this can be anything from major damp repairs to capital component replacements such as a full property rewire, bathroom or kitchen replacement etc.
- Ensuring on a daily basis that sufficient resource is available to carry out the required workload and that productivity is optimised
- To monitor and directly control the use of other resources including materials, plant, vehicles, hand held devices etc. and ensure that your Operatives have the correct van stocks, tools and equipment to carry out their daily tasks
The successful candidate will be able to foster a culture based on performance and focus on continuous improvement, exceptional customer service delivery, delivering value for money, and actively promoting and supporting Health, Safety and the Environment in the workplace.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum NVQ level 2 or City & Guilds in trades related discipline or equivalent experience
- Understanding of the Social Housing Market, Voids, and Repairs and Maintenance service delivery
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Schedules of Rates and Standard Minute Values, with an appreciation and understanding of all trades
- Financially aware, including being conscious of minimising costs whilst optimising productivity
- Excellent communicator demonstrating high degree of customer care
What's in it for you?
You will receive a company vehicle for use during working hours, a company mobile, fuel and an excellent benefit package including a pension scheme and cash plan health scheme.
Closing date is Friday 28 th April 2017
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on 'Apply' and follow a short application process.