Procurement Catagory Manager (Logistics)
Procurement Category Manager (Logistics)
A major business urgently seeks an expert interim Procurement Category Manager with demonstrable sourcing experience and expertise in logistics, specifically: Transport 3PL implementation, Fulfilment 3PL, Courier Services, External storage, Freight forwarding.
The successful procurement specialist will be responsible for a mix of strategic and tactical sourcing initiatives across all of the above elements of the logistics category, working with stakeholders to develop sourcing strategies. You will develop and implement recommendations to achieve optimal cost savings, utilising market and commodity analysis to support sourcing decisions.
Essential skills required:
- At least 3 years experience at Category Management level in procurement
- minimum 8 years overall in Procurement/Sourcing/Buying
- Expert knowledge of logistics sourcing:
- Transport 3PL implementation
- Fulfilment 3PL
- Courier Services
- External storage
- Freight forwarding
- Indirect Procurement experience preferred
- Prior sourcing/spend responsibility of GBP20m or more
- Expert negotiator
- Expert relationship building, influencing and managing of stakeholders
This is great opportunity to join a major brand undertaking a high profile transformation across it's procurement function. For more information please apply online.