The Coal Authority has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join their team based in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire. You will be on a full time, permanent basis and will be paid a highly competitive salary of £30,283 - £42,160.
Do you want to be recognised as a leading expert in the water and environmental engineering industry? If so, this is your chance to be part of a fast moving and innovative projects team delivering the next generation of mine water treatment schemes to resolve the impacts of mining.
About the Project Manager role
This is a high responsibility, challenging role within our Environment team. We’re looking for experienced project managers to take ownership and deliver refurbishment and new build minewater treatment schemes. Many of these schemes are in challenging environments with multiple stakeholders and constraints and will require innovative and efficient solutions.
The team is led by two Principle Programme managers. The first looks after the metal mines programme of works funded by DEFRA and delivered in partnership with the Environment Agency, this programme was set up 4 years ago to develop and build minewater treatment schemes to remediate contaminated water from historic metal mines. The second manages the Coal programme of work which consists of new build schemes, scheme refurbishments and a programme of subsidence pumping stations.
The team is made up of nine project managers who work across the coal & metal mine programmes, a programme co-ordinator and two project support officers.
If successful as our Project Manager, you will be:
- Joining the Projects team and managing a portfolio of varied projects to remediate contaminated water from both coal & historic metal mines.
- Taking full ownership and be accountable for project delivery from concept to build.
- Managing an individual annual budget ranging from £250k - £5M.
- Managing multiple groups & individuals to deliver each project including internal technical experts, external consultants & contractors, project partners such as the Environment Agency & DEFRA.
- Preparing project investment board papers to obtain funding.
- Managing multiple stakeholders and statutory bodies to obtain consents & permissions.
- Working closely with our technical, operations, innovations & R&D teams to find the best solutions and maximise commercial opportunities for each scheme.
- Identifying and delivering external opportunities, including developing tenders for new business opportunities.
To become our Project Manager you must have:
- A proven record of delivering projects from conception to build
- A relevant qualification for your area of expertise
- Excellent budget, programme & risk management skills
- An ability to manage and prioritise a high-volume workload & multiple projects
- Experience in managing challenging stakeholders and statutory bodies
- Experience of managing consultants and contractors through the NEC suite of contracts.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and self-motivation
- An open mind to find innovative solutions
- Commercial acumen & client management skills
We are based in Nottinghamshire, England. We provide expert advice and creative solutions to manage the public safety and environmental issues from coal and metal mining. We have an ambitious 5 year plan to expand our services, providing advice and services to governments and public bodies in the UK and overseas.
The Environment team as a whole is responsible for addressing the issues of water pollution from abandoned coal and metal mines across Britain by developing new schemes and supporting the operation of over 70 existing mine water treatment schemes.
It’s a vibrant and fast moving team with individuals from various backgrounds in civil engineering, contaminated land, highways, construction & the armed forces. Between us we can be working on over 40 projects at any one time.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Project Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 26th May 2017