The Coal Authority has an exciting opportunity for a GIS Developer to join their team based in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire. You will be on a full time permanent contract with a highly competitive salary of £30,283 - £42,160 per annum
Do you want to build exciting GIS solutions to help protect the environment and public? If so, this is your chance to join a progressive multi-disciplinary central government organisation as a GIS Developer.
This is an exciting new GIS role with our growing ICT team.
As our GIS Developer you will be:
- Working closely with ICT developers to support and deliver GIS elements of new and existing applications
- Familiar with data modelling tools to automate regular processes
- Providing expert advice on GIS development methods
- Designing high quality GIS solutions
- Highlighting the benefits of GIS promoting its use across the business
- Identifying and delivering future technology trends to benefit the organisation
To become our GIS Developer you must have:
- Experience in developing GIS tools and applications
- A relevant IT or GIS Degree
- A track record of delivering key GIS projects
- Strong IT and data management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be self-motivated
- An ability to manage and prioritise a high-volume workload
Why join us?
When it comes to finding and keeping the best people, we make sure we’ve got plenty to offer you in return. We want our people to feel great about coming to work and we hope we give them every reason to go the extra mile. That’s why along with the scope to develop new skills and have an exciting and satisfying career, we also offer -
- Civil Service Pension Scheme - a new employee earning between £22,501- £45,000 will pay 5.45% of their Monthly Gross Basic Salary into their pension and we will pay 20.9% plus any contributions from the HMRC
- Generous holiday allowance of 27.5 days per year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexi-time - our core hours are 10.00am-12.00pm and 2.00pm-4.00pm but the hours either side can be worked flexibly. You can also earn an extra 6 days holiday a year through our flexi system
- Flexibility to work from home
- Family friendly initiatives, including a childcare voucher scheme
- Health friendly initiatives, including ‘Cycle to work’ scheme and an annual ‘MOT’ medical
- Free parking on site
- Free 24-hour counselling and information service for you and your family
As well as the great benefits and incentives, once you start, you’ll get an induction into the business and time to spend with our teams to find out everything you need to know about our journey so far.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our GIS Developer then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 26th May 2017