New opportunity not to be missed! Tayto Group is seeking a Quality Manager to join the team based in Scunthorpe. This is a full time permanent role offering a competitive salary of £35,000 per annum plus benefits.
Established in 1956 Tayto have expanded from one factory in Tandragee Castle, County Armagh, to becoming the UKs third largest snack manufacturer. Over the last nine years a series of careful acquisitions has seen the company grow to a turnover of £200m and led to the ownership of key brands in their market, including Golden Wonder, Real Crisps, Mr Porky and Jonathan Crisp and Midland Snacks. The company employ over 1400 people across five manufacturing sites.
As our Quality Manager you will provide effective leadership and management of the Shift QA Team to achieve site compliance with the Technical policies, procedures standards and specifications.
Key responsibilities of our Quality Manager
- Identify Quality System weaknesses and change as necessary to strengthen.
- Maintain and improve site work instructions and procedures ensuring BRC and relevant customer compliance.
- Co - ordinate the internal audit programme and use results to improve systems and compliance.
- Manage the Tracker database ensuring actions are addressed to the correct personnel, are relevant and closed out in a timely manner.
- Maintain and improve site HACCP system ensuring food safety is not compromised.
- Prepare and report quality KPI’s to senior management and factory staff, including timely updating of the quality information boards.
- Ensure the site quality system, records and Factory compliance is audit ready 24/7/365. Including product traceability and mass balance.
- Analyse non conformance data for trends and set in place action plans to address.
- Co - ordinate various Technical improvement projects.
- Co - ordinate continuous improvement trials.
- Ensure inspection and test equipment is accurate and maintained.
- Ensure preventative measures are put in place for investigated complaints.
- Management of various Technical contractors for example Pest Control
- Order and maintain supply of quality consumables.
- Perform stand in duties for the Site Technical Manager/Responsibilities for customer issues regarding recalls or withdrawals.
- Develop a stand in for the Quality Manager role.
Qualifications and experience needed to become our Quality ManagerEssential
- Degree level minimum in a related discipline, e.g. Food Science, Quality Systems,- Quality Systems Auditing
- AIB Auditing- HACCP
- Food Hygiene - Advance preferredDesirable
- BRC6- Pest Control
- Continuous Improvement - use of quality tools- Leadership of a small team within the foods and drinks sector
If you have an enthusiastic can do mentality and a willingness to challenge yourself in order to push your learning and progress your career as a Quality Manager please click ‘Apply’ below.