Materials Controller, Scunthorpe, Rail / Locomotive Industry
The Company, part of a leading larger company, is a growing power in its market here in the UK and increasingly, around the world. For more than half a century, the company has hauled freight and passengers, powered ships, and generated electricity for over 100 countries around the globe. Becoming a part of the Company means becoming a part of a challenging and bright future in our globalmarketplace.
- Responsible for keeping up to date and maintaining the Company's portfolio of components, parts, consumables, tooling and materials as required to support the Scunthorpe maintenance contract for Di8 Locomotives.
- Including identifying any key programme dates, reporting and notification of any actions required, to ensure the operational requirements are supported on the site.
- To work positively and proactively with the staff and managers across the company to ensure all reviews and actions are undertaken and completed in a timely, effective and accurate manner in order to protect the company and retain commercial advantage.
- To give proactive and timely support to the Contracts & Procurement Manager with regards to identification of materials required, to ensure the correct level of stocks of materials are maintained and regular period reports are issued to the business.
- Develop to an agreed format and maintain a central database to allow the visibility of key materials requirement and ensure stock levels are adequate for the site programmes.
- Prepare and issue as required inventory movement reports and issue new requirements for stock replenishment in a timely manner to avoid stock outs
- To assist in the ongoing monitoring of suppliers to ensure delivery against agreed Purchase Order/contractual provisions.
- To work with the site Supervisor and the maintenance team and establish with the main site operators a full overview of all free consumable issued parts for the DI8 locomotive Spares required for the maintenance programme.
- To work liaise and with the Procurement team to identify the Di8 the supply chain and ensure thorough investigation is undertaken in identifying spares and assist in dealing with suppliers for quotes on repair and replacement parts.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Locomotive / rail industry experience
- Relevant experience gained in a stock control environment.
- Ability to work for long periods on detailed documents with excellent attention to details.
- Ability to maintain records accurately and in a timely manner.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Provide the best possible solution to problem solving or decision making by conscientiously testing things, examining facts, trying different alternatives and thinking things through.
Salary: £33,000 + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to people in the following: Rail Industry Locomotive Stock Controller Production Scheduler Materials Planner Purchasing Controller SAP Production Planner Demand Scunthorpe Doncaster Leeds York Hull Grimsby Selby Wakefield Lincoln Yorkshire Humberside Lincolnshire