Assistant HR Business Partner
The Coal Authority has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant HR Business Partner to join their team based in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire. You will be on a full time permanent basis with a highly competitive salary of £23,000-£26,000.
As our Assistant HR Business Partner you will support the Senior HR Business Partner in undertaking HR projects and developing the organisation to be an employer of choice. You will also assist in providing a pro-active and comprehensive HR Business Partner service to individual departments to optimise the performance of their team through effective leadership, people management, organisational design and development, change management, workforce strategy and staff wellbeing.
As our Assistant HR Business Partner you will:
- Assist the Senior HR Business Partner in updating HR Policies and procedures as required centrally in line with legislative changes and socialise within departments.
- Undertake project work and research to support the Senior HR Business Partner in continuously improving HR procedures and practices to support the People Strategy.
- Co-ordinate the graduate and apprenticeship schemes within the Authority to attract talent.
- Co-ordinate management development programmes within the Authority to support succession plans.
- Recruit excellent candidates that will fulfil current and future succession requirements to maintain expertise within the Authority. Assist with recruitment processes using our HRMIS - iTrent.
- Manage a small caseload as required, providing support and guidance on all people issues.
- Assist in providing advice and guidance to managers on succession planning and knowledge transfer plans to build resilience in teams and aid retention.
- Assist in coaching managers to broaden their knowledge of people management to deliver successful results through people and become an employer of choice.
- Maintain the Associate contractors' resource bank to provide an agile provision of resource as and when required.
- Keep abreast of changes within employment law and HR best practice to provide first line support as needed for people issues.
- Keep case management software (TopDesk) up to date to ensure visibility of workload pressures and to highlight resource issues.
- Attend departmental team meetings to share HR information and to keep abreast of department issues.
- Undertake ad hoc administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the HR department.
Qualifications and skills required to become our Assistant HR Business Partner:
- Educated to A Level standard
- CIPD qualification (or studying towards) Level 5 or demonstrate experience in HR practices
- Previous generalist HR experience and advising management teams
- Knowledge of employment law and best practice
- Successful track record of delivering change projects
- Experience of HR information systems
- Interviewing, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability work under pressure and to deadlines
- Observe strict confidentiality as required in the role
- Ability to work at pace and flexibility to undertake a wide remit of work
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Understanding and commitment to diversity within the workplace
- Some travel for home visits, regional team meetings and attendance at conferences, etc.
Why join us?
When it comes to finding and keeping the best people, we make sure we've got plenty to offer you in return. We want our people to feel great about coming to work and we hope we give them every reason to go the extra mile. That's why along with the scope to develop new skills and have an exciting and satisfying career, we also offer -
- Civil Service Pension Scheme - a new employee earning between £22,501- £45,000 will pay 5.45% of their Monthly Gross Basic Salary into their pension and we will pay 20.9% plus any contributions from the HMRC.
- Generous holiday allowance of 27.5 days per year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexi-time - our core hours are 10.00am-12.00pm and 2.00pm-4.00pm but the hours either side can be worked flexibly. You can also earn an extra 6 days holiday a year through our flexi system
- Flexibility to work from home
- Family friendly initiatives, including a childcare voucher scheme
- Health friendly initiatives, including ‘Cycle to work' scheme and an annual ‘MOT' medical
- Free parking on site
- Free 24-hour counselling and information service for you and your family
As well as the great benefits and incentives, once you start, you'll get an induction into the business and time to spend with our teams to find out everything you need to know about our journey so far.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Assistant HR Business Partner then please click ‘apply' now! We'd love to hear from you!