Trading Manager - Direct To Store
Job Title: Trading Manager - Direct To Store
Job Purpose: To negotiate with suppliers an extensive range of DTS sourced services and products from across the UK to complement the product range available via Central Distribution. Maximise both sales and revenue opportunities whilst delivering benefits to members.
Reports to: Business Manager - Direct to Store
Salary: £30,000+ pa + benefits
Key Result Areas:
* Member Services - provide members with solutions they require to operate their stores effectively. Deliver efficiencies and benefits across a key range of services including credit/debit cards, banking, telecoms and waste management.
* Consumer Services - ensure members have access to an extended range of service led solutions that their customer base would expect to see in their stores. Payment services, ATMs, parcel services and other such concessions.
* Consumer Products - largely made available via Central Invoicing. This area complements the core business with products that may have limited volume opportunity or do not lend themselves to central distribution i.e. greetings cards, extended non-food ranges, local products, extensive bake off and food to go ranges.
* Understanding of the Retail membership
* Understanding of D2S Suppliers capabilities and requirements of the membership
* Appreciation of the future challenges facing the independent sector
* Knowledge of the Central Invoicing and Purchase Order Systems
* Understanding and effective negotiation of legal contracts
* A comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office Packages
* Work with D2S suppliers to gain distribution across the company membership
* Cost price & terms negotiation
* Negotiate administration fees and marketing monies to cover Central Invoicing and Advertising costs
* Identify and deliver new category and supplier opportunities
* Liaise directly with group members and suppliers, building and maintaining effective relationships at all levels
* Liaise with internal departments i.e. finance, MSS, to resolve outstanding discrepancies and issues for both members and suppliers
* Strong negotiating and influencing skills
* Confident ability to work with and analyse figures
* Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
* Good communication skills at all levels
* The ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
In order to continue your application, please click 'Apply' to forward your CV.