An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Multi-Skilled Engineer, electrical bias, to join an established International FMCG company.
An International FMCG company with offices based in Grimsby covering three sites dealing with chilled, coated and smoked goods.
- To be a highly competent team member providing a safe and efficient engineering service to support production, and to ensure that a proactive approach is adopted to maintaining good machinery and operating efficiencies within a timely manner.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring Health & safety remains priority during all activities involving themselves and others.
- Correcting any hazards which may lead to injury or food safety implications, alternatively reporting them if unable to correct.
- Ensuring all activities are in compliance with food safety legislation and good manufacturing practices.
- Ensuring high standards of housekeeping are maintained at all times.
- Ensuring fast and effective response to breakdowns and handovers to Production are appropriately communicated.
- Diagnosing faults and taking corrective action to ensure continuous service and identifying further improvements to increase equipment availability.
- Participating in a multi-skilled team within own capabilities and undertake in any training and development exercises to progress.
- Identifying and sharing continuous improvement ideas that may contribute to Health & Safety and equipment uptime or maintenance cost improvements.
- Ensuring planned maintenance work is completed on time and further work required is communicated to the Engineering Supervisor.
- Flexibility to work across sites.
- Having a flexible approach to working within the team to provide engineering cover to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensuring that good food manufacturing practices are maintained at all times.
Benefits will include:
- Competitive Salary.
- HAPI Benefits Scheme
- Company Shop Membership
The successful applicant will be a highly-motivated self-starter with a can do, hands on approach. You will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and have a flexible approach to work.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required
- Time served craft apprenticeship or equivalent training
- Multi-skilled or working towards qualification
- Excellent communications skills
- Must be a team player.
Location - The role will be based in Grimsby, Lincolnshire
Keywords: Grimsby, Cleethorpes, Louth, Market Rasen, Immingham, Humberston, Skegness, Lincoln, Scunthorpe, Hull