Community Support Worker
Gray Healthcare - Community Support Worker
Join us and make a real difference; We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our expanding organisation. Gray Healthcare is a national specialist mental health provider, supporting individuals stepping down from inpatient services, including secure environments, to recovery full and meaningfully lives in their own communities.
The people we support are individuals and they all deserve to be treated as such, we do this by offering personalised support. The successful candidate's duties will be varied and no two days will be the same, but typically you will;
- Support the individual to develop or regain life skills and self-help skills
- Support the individual to participate in community life and in reducing social isolation
- With support from our Rehabilitation Lead, undertake assessments, develop recovery focus plans and to report progress
- Develop weekly planner to promote a structured and meaningful week, enabling the individual to achieve their full potential, goals and to pursue their interests
- Build strong and trusting working relationship with the individual service user, their families and professionals involved in providing exceptional person centred support.
- Assist the individual to maintain confidence and a positive self esteem
- Work closely with members of the multidisciplinary team and other support workers.
- Maintain clear and accurate records
What we are looking for from you is:
- A minimum of 6 months' experience within the mental health, or similar health and social care field, this can be paid or voluntary
- A minimum NVQ/QCF 2 or a commitment to complete with the qualification with Gray Healthcare
- Experience of supporting an individual with life skills
- The individual you will be supporting may live in an area with minimum public transport, so it is desirable that you drive to ensure you can get to and from their homes as required of your shift
Above all our main priority for this job role is to find people with the right values, behaviours and attitudes that match our own:
- a commitment to quality and being the best we can
- a zero tolerance for all forms of abuse
- excellent communication skills are essential
- providing excellent care and support to all our Service Users.
- showing dignity and respect to the people that they will be working with
- working well together as part of our team.
We welcome forward thinking individuals who would like to be part of a dynamic support team in the Lincoln City area.
Contract/Hours: 36hr or 24hr pw contract
Rota/ Shift Pattern: Included Sleep-ins
Salary: £7.50 per hour or £8.20 if you hold a NVQ/QCF
Robert is a gentleman in his late 30s, he enjoys walking, listening to music, watching films, playing on his play station and in the past has enjoyed swimming . He has a good friend that he visits 3 times a week. Robert is looking forward to moving into his own flat after being in hospital for a number of years, Robert is looking for a team to support him to regain his life skills and to pursue a fuller life in his local community.
Training & Development Opportunities
We pride ourselves in the opportunities we offer to develop staff throughout their employment with Gray Healthcare, which include both Mandatory & Optional training:
Learning & Development Modules
Person Centred Training to reflect the individual's need, for example understanding mental health conditions and treatments, personality disorders, acquired brain injuries, autism, understanding and responding positively to behaviours that challenge, motivational interviewing.
NVQ/QCF opportunities in Health & Social Care.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Please note that if you are short listed for interview you will be contacted via email and it is important that you check your email regularly.