Assistant Project Engineer (Design Engineer)
The Coal Authority has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Project Engineer (Design Engineer) to join their team based in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire. You will be on a full time permanent basis with a competitive salary of £21,521 - £30,583 dependent on experience.
We are based in Nottinghamshire, England. We provide expert advice and creative solutions to manage the public safety and environmental issues from coal and metal mining. We have an ambitious 5 year plan to expand our services, providing advice and services to governments and public bodies in the UK and overseas.
As our Assistant Project Engineer (Design Engineer) you will be providing engineering support to the team on civil engineering design/specification and construction issues involving the remediation of surface hazards, subsidence claims and management of property. Many of these schemes are in challenging environments with multiple stakeholders & constraints and will require innovative & efficient solutions.
Responsibilities of our Assistant Project Engineer (Design Engineer)
- Providing engineering support to the team on civil engineering design/specification and construction issues
- Provide engineering support on the remediation of surface hazards, subsidence claims and management of property
- Assisting with the assessment of factual and interpretive information arising from field observations, site investigations, and technical review
- Assisting the team on designs, including calculations, of remedial works to a standard commensurate with best available techniques
- Assisting with drafting drawings and preparing cost estimates
- Assisting the team in carrying out feasibility studies and the assessment of environmental impact of remedial and completed works
- Part of a contactable team providing 24hr response to calls to the emergency number, giving Field Staff essential support, advice, coordination and back up
- Producing engineering drawings using AutoCad
- Supporting the Regional Project Managers and attending site visits and meetings when required
Qualifications and skills required to become our Assistant Project Engineer (Design Engineer)
- Have a civil/structural engineering degree (BEng or MEng) or equivalent experience
- Some experience/exposure in civil/structural engineering design
- The ability to supervise contractors & consultants
- Member of appropriate professional body (or working towards)
- Experience/exposure of project, risk and contract management
- Knowledge of construction Health & Safety
- Project management skills
- Effective decision making
- Good verbal and written communications
- Ability to assimilate information and analyse data
- Team Working / Interpersonal relationship skills
- Computer literacy
Why join us?
When it comes to finding and keeping the best people, we make sure we’ve got plenty to offer you in return. We want our people to feel great about coming to work and we hope we give them every reason to go the extra mile. That’s why along with the scope to develop new skills and have an exciting and satisfying career, we also offer -
- Civil Service Pension Scheme - a new employee earning between £22,501- £45,000 will pay 5.45% of their Monthly Gross Basic Salary into their pension and we will pay 20.9% plus any contributions from the HMRC
- Generous holiday allowance of 27.5 days per year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexi-time - our core hours are 10.00am-12.00pm and 2.00pm-4.00pm but the hours either side can be worked flexibly. You can also earn an extra 6 days holiday a year through our flexi system
- Flexibility to work from home
- Family friendly initiatives, including a childcare voucher scheme
- Health friendly initiatives, including ‘Cycle to work’ scheme and an annual ‘MOT’ medical
- Free parking on site
- Free 24-hour counselling and information service for you and your family
As well as the great benefits and incentives, once you start, you’ll get an induction into the business and time to spend with our teams to find out everything you need to know about our journey so far.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Assistant Project Engineer (Design Engineer) then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!