CNC Turner Multi Axis
Reports to: Team Leader
My client has an exciting new opportunity within a long established manufacturing organisation, using a variety of Machining and Fabrication processes to manufacture their products from our modern purpose built facility located in Nottinghamshire.
They supply components into the civil and military Aerospace and Defence industry sectors, and have a vision to develop these and wider markets making the working environment fascinating and challenging.
A requirement has now arisen for an experienced CNC Multi Axis Turner to join my client
Duties and responsibilities
This position reports directly to the CNC Turning Team Leader, residing within the Manufacturing Supervisor’s area of responsibility within the operations team.
- Experience of running DMG Mori multi axis lathes, Siemens/Fanuc controls.
- Setting and operating machine types (Spindle probing, Datum setting, key characteristics and G, D&T, tool offsetting, program selection/saving).
- Reading 2/3D engineering drawings.
- Recording productive time on manufacturing systems and managing Route Cards.
- Involvement in team activities such as 5S, TPM, SQDCP board discussions, OEE and other improvement activities.
- Promoting and maintaining a safe work environment and practices.
- Self-inspection of parts produced, resolving Non-Conformance (NCR) issues.
- Experienced use of standard measuring systems and methodologies.
- 39 hour working week with an early finish on Friday (5 hours).
- The Ideal candidate will have an academic background if possible with NVQ level 3 / City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering.
- Requires time served on programming / setting & operating Multi Axis CNC lathes.
- Industry experience - Aerospace (ideal), Nuclear, Medical or Automotive (high end), Motorsport: all with high tolerances (+/-0.01mm, Airbus SO4 and S104 stds).
- Working to AS9100 / EASA Part 21 (G) standards (ideal).
- Must have good team working skills coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Flexible and forward thinker with a 'can do' attitude.
- Ideally located within easy local commute to Sutton-in-Ashfield site.
- Able to cover shifts as required (rotating days/nights, some weekends or days)