Reports to: Engineering Manager
My client has an exciting new opportunity within a long established manufacturing organisation, using a variety of Machining and Fabrication processes to manufacture their products from our modern purpose built facility located in Nottinghamshire.
They supply components into the civil and military Aerospace and Defence industry sectors, and have a vision to develop these and wider markets making the working environment fascinating and challenging.
A requirement has now arisen for an experienced Estimator to take responsibility for handling RFQ’s, major bids as well as improving processes and optimising efficiencies.
Duties and responsibilities
This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager, and is a key position working with Managing Director, Sales Director and internal departments within the Company.
- Receive, review and respond to Requests For Quotes (RFQ's) and lead Major Bids.
- Summarizes component quote costs (i.e. materials, labour, rate) into top-level parts to produce an overall quote - includes tooling, programming costs and expected yield & scrap margin rates.
- Analyse customer drawings, models, specifications and instructions to calculate or estimate product or process manufacturing costs.
- Provide technical support to business development process in both internal and customer led activity, supporting bid preparation.
- Liaise with internal and external supply chains to provide product manufacturing proposals and other responses to enquiries.
- Work within the team to make business decisions on unit prices, price breaks as well as evaluating production capacity, lead times and capital constraints.
- Administer the Quote / Estimate (QE) system.
- Provide statistical analysis of RFQ performance (win/loss rate, reason, market etc.).
- Administer the Contract Review system, conveying estimates to production
- Undertake internal cost reviews to identify opportunities for cost reduction and improvement.
- The Ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level in Mechanical Engineering, however candidates educated to HNC level and with relevant experience will also be considered.
- Must have prior experience in the Aerospace market and used to working with Airbus specs and experience or knowledge of 5 Axis CNC machining & mill/turn activities.
- Ideally, additional knowledge or experience of Fabrication, Assembly, paint and special processes sought after.
- Previous experience of physical manufacturing experience in the above beneficial.
- Technical competence, eye for detail, analytical thinking, commercial awareness and customer facing.
- Excellent MS Office and previous business systems skills.
- Develop excellent relationships via clear and concise communications.
- Must have good team working skills coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communicator, customer relationship builder with good organisational and co-ordination skills.
- Creative thinker with a 'can do' attitude.
- A proven track record of successful bids in an engineering/manufacturing company.
SALARY DEPENDANT ON EXPERIENCE