1 day left
- Part Time
Our client produces printed materials and provides marketing insight and support to a commercial and retail client base. Their mission is simple - To Make Their Customers Smile and at the heart of this mission is an inclusive supportive culture guided by their 3 core values: They Make it Better, They Love What They Do and They Work As A Team.
It is their values and their mission that provide their compass for making decisions, including recruiting to their team. As a member of the Finance team the Finance Assistant will exhibit their core values.
Based at their offices in Blidworth, Mansfield, the role is part-time and they would welcome any applicants who need to be flexible in the hours they work, but are able to commit to 25-30 hours Mon-Fri.
Job Function and Scope:
• Providing transactional and commercial support within the finance team.
• Reporting to the Head of Finance and supporting the whole finance team with full ledger ownership including allocation and reconciliation.
• Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger maintenance and control with Sage 50.
• Creating Sales Invoices from a variety of sources.
• Undertaking tasks for credit control via email and over the telephone.
• Entering and Allocating Customer payments on Sage L50.
• Matching and Entry of Purchase Invoices.
• Entry and Allocation of Supplier payments.
• Resolving Client and Supplier queries on the phone and via email.
• Liaising with and assisting team members from other parts of the company.
• Maintaining a commercial awareness and ‘bigger picture’ view of cashflow and other factors that influence the financial position of the company.
• Reconciling Ledgers.
• Contributing to the Month End reporting to aid the Head of Finance with the Management Information Packs.
• Providing Procurement support as required
• Supporting Deputy Finance Manager with monthly payroll.
• Improving working practices and processes within the finance department as and when appropriate.
• Prioritising and undertaking tasks appropriately to mitigate risks to the financial integrity of the company.
• Communicating complex financial information to non-financial team members, clients and suppliers.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• GCSE Maths
• GCSE English
• Experienced user of Sage (line 50)
• Confident user of Microsoft Office; particularly Excel
• Excellent communicator with the ability to discuss sensitive matters at all levels
• Experience of dealing with non-financial members of the company
Desirable Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Experience of Sage Payroll
• Knowledge of Tharstern
• Knowledge of digital printing industry
Core Role Competencies:
• Make it Better - Displaying initiative and continually looking for improvements in all areas of your work.
• Love What You Do - A passion for working with accuracy and consistency, an ambassador for the Finance team.
• Working in Partnerships - with your team, suppliers and clients.
Salary: £ 21,000 per Annum Pro Rata
Please apply online for this Finance Assistant role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.