SAP Technical (ABAP) Analyst
SAP Technical (ABAP) Analyst (Job ID: 37703)
The SAP Technical (ABAP) Analyst will report to the Sap Enterprise Lead, this position will be accountable for the support of Phillips 66 functionality in SAP, including custom and SAP delivered programs Refining, Marketing & Commercial BU's in Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific (EMEAP). The position will receive functional guidance from US SAP Technical Logistics & SD Supervisor.
Responsibilities may include:
- Supporting Phillips 66 functionality in SAP used by EMEA and AP Businesses, including custom and delivered programs.
- Working independently to perform complex analysis, design, development, programming and modification of SAP programs, jobs, variants, etc.
- Providing ongoing production support for SAP application jobs, programs, reports and interfaces, including ad-hoc work out of hours as requested by the EMEAP supervisor.
- Providing programming support on a part-time basis for SAP initiatives and projects.
- Provide day-to-day support for ABAP programs, reports, screens, reports, user exists, etc. in development, test and production environments.
- Anticipate and proactively resolve issues (communicate with other SAP Service functional/technical teams, Team Leads/Supervisors and, Service Desk as the 1st level support).
- Prepare unit testing documents, perform unit testing and confirm with functional teams before developments are implemented into production environment.
- Review functional and technical feasibility for enhancement requests in his/her assigned application and modules.
- Develop/implement program modules or new functionalities from general specifications.
- Identify system performance issues that relate to assigned applications and modules. If necessary, coordinate with SAP Basis team to resolve performance issues.
- Work as a partner with functional teams to resolve issues and to test new enhancements.
- Develop guidelines and standards in support of application development practices.
- Identify key programming design issues and recommended possible solutions.
- Apply principles of good programming development and maintenance (eg. programming structure, based on functional/technical design, version control, prioritisation, self-testing and ticket maintenance in ServiceNow) in accordance with P66 Global SAP development and testing methodology.
- Legally authorised to work in the UK.
- Degree or suitable technical qualification
- Programming and application support experience with solid analytical, development, testing and problem solving skills.
- Experience developing in SAP ABAP.
- Ability and willingness to provide day-to-day and after hours application support as requested by the EMEAP supervisor.
- Experience with at least three or more of the following SAP modules:
- Demonstated expertise in the following SAP technologies:
- SAP WebDynpro
- SAP Script / Smart Forms / Adobe Forms
- Experience of any of the following would be an advantage:
- Experience supporting mission critical production systems
- Unix experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and results driven effort.
- Ability to manage and perform multiple tasks concurrently.
- Take ownership and deliver quality results.
- Work well within a team environment.
- Discipline in following operational standards and processes.
- Knowledge of Electronic Data Interface (EDI) technologies.
Click to apply