Compensation Advisor (Job ID: 38022)
The Compensation Advisor will report to the Humber Refinery HR Manager, this position will be accountable for the support and development of Compensation programs for Refining, Marketing & Commercial BU's in the UK, Middle East and Asia Pacific. This position will receive functional guidance from our US Compensation Director.
Responsibilities may include:
- Developing the annual compensation proposals for all roles and countries, ensuring compensation packages remain competitive; Work with country HR Leads, the global Compensation team and IT to ensure approval and flawless implementation of all proposals.
- Managing the annual survey benchmarking cycle for all countries, working closely with HR Business Partners to ensure that all jobs are accurately matched; Analyse, present and review survey results with business & HR leads.
- Supporing the annual bonus program process, ensuring eligible employees and pay is accurately captured for all countries.
- Acts as the ‘centre of expertise’ for Compensation, providing advice and guidance to HR colleagues and the businesses on individual salary and grading queries, applying expertise in Job Evaluation.
- Ensuring that all compliance reporting is completed accurately and on time, e.g. Gender Pay Gap reporting, Form 42
- Providing expertise in the development of policy involving compensation, keeping abreast of any regulatory pay changes and their impact on current and future Company policies and pay practices
- Co-ordinating the provision of annual Wage & Benefit budgeting guidelines for the UK businesses.
- Cooperating with all internal and /or external audits as required.
- Managing relevant 3rd party vendors, ensuring effective cost management of agreements/ contracts.
- Representing the Compensation team by communicating/presenting our Compensation philosophy to the businesses
- Participating and/or lead other HR projects as required.
- Building an effective, collaborative working relationship with the global Compensation team, HR colleagues in the businesses, Payroll, the SAP HR Team and the UK Tax and Legal teams.
- Degree level education preferable; ideally also CIPD qualified.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills essential to be able to efficiently and accurately manipulate large datasets and present results in a succinct, accurate and compelling way.
- Strong knowledge and experience of HR systems and reporting, in particular SAP HR module, is important
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Business focused and able to communicate effectively, collaborate and influence at all organisation levels.
- Strong analytical and logical skills, e.g. ability to: analyse requirements/issues; propose & analyse options; analyse & improve processes.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and take the lead when required.
- Effective time management, work prioritisation and escalation skills.
- Focus on commitments and delivering results.
The preferred candidate would also have experience of:
- Korn Ferry Hay Job Evaluation methodology
- Working in a matrixed environment with multiple lines of authority
Click to apply