Democratic & Civic Officer/ PA/Events Assistant - Public Sector
Job Title: Democratic & Civic Officer (Civic)
Salary: £19,430 to £21,962 per annum
Hours: Full time - 37hrs per week
Closing Date: Monday 17th July 2017 by 10am
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the council to join the Member and Support Services Team. This role will manage all aspects of protocol and procedure and provide direct support to the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the council. You will manage and coordinate all civic functions and related activities on behalf of the council including events of significant reputational importance to the highest possible standard.
The role holder will be responsible for managing civic and ceremonial engagements, which can include diary management and customer liaison, planning and delivery of all aspects of civic events and support to the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the council.
- To provide personal assistance and support to the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Council in relation to the delivery of the civic function.
- To operate at all times with a high level of tact and diplomacy and maintain strict confidentiality.
- To support the overall team by providing an efficient, customer focused administration service.
You must be enthusiastic and able to demonstrate a high level of administration and organisational skills. Excellent communication skills are essential as are diplomacy and tact. Excellent attention to detail is extremely important whether organising an event in the diary or planning, coordinating and managing an event.
Evening and weekend working will be a feature of this job so if you are interested please ensure that you have the ability to work flexibly as required.
- Minimum requirement of 5 GCSE's including Grade C or above in English and Mathematics or an equivalent
- Or suitable & similar experience in a local government environment
- Willingness & ability to obtain &/or enhance qualifications &/or training for development in this post
- Able to demonstrate relevant experience in a similar role
- Ability to remain calm and be customer focused whilst under pressure
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to deal with a variety of contacts internal and external in person, on the telephone and via other forms of communication in an effective, efficient and customer focused manner
- Able to resolve issues and demonstrate creative solutions in a customer focused manner
- High level skills with Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer care skills
- Highly effective communication skills eg. letter writing, responding to formal invitations and day to day interactions
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and operate with tact and diplomacy and absolute discretion
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and take pride in own work
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and effectively prioritise workload to meet performance targets / dead-lines
- Able to work as part of a wider team for the success of the whole team
- Must display a flexible approach and willing attitude
- Have the ability to work flexibly, the role will require working outside of normal office hours to cover meetings and civic events throughout the year both evenings and weekends
- Experience in a similar role in a Local Authority
- Experience of working with elected members
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and further information will be sent to your email.
IMPORTANT: Please read this information carefully.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Democratic & Civic Officer, Events Assistant, Marketing Assistant, Event Planner, Personal Assistant, PA, HR Officer, Senior Administrator, Office Manager, EA, Senior Office Assistant, Executive Assistant, Senior PA, Business Administrator, Executive Assistant, Office Administrator, Office Assistant, HR Administrator, Business Assistant will also be considered for this role.