PA to Directors / Personal Assistant / EA - Local Authority
Job Title: PA to Directors
Salary: £19,430 to £21,962 per annum
Job Type: Temporary 18 months
Hours: Full time 37hrs per week
Closing Date: Monday 17 July 2017 by 10am
A unique opportunity to work with the Senior Management and Senior Politicians of a forward thinking and rapidly changing local authority. This post is temporary for up to 18 months to cover the secondment of the current post holder.
The workload, deadlines and standard of work requires a highly organised and methodical approach to maintain the necessary office systems used to manage workflows.
Arrangement of meetings and co-ordination of service events, seminars and functions along with the ability to maintain strong working relationships with the authority's customers and partners is also an essential part of this role.
- To support in the provision of a comprehensive administrative, technical and PA support to the management team of the Council.
- To support the Executive PA in managing the business and reputation of the management team of the Council.
- To demonstrate the Council's commitment to professionalism and customer care by personal example.
The successful candidate will be educated to 'A' Level standard or equivalent and have experience in a PA role. Excellent organisational skills, extensive knowledge of office procedures and Microsoft Office along with highly effective communication skills are also requirements of this post.
- Willingness & ability to obtain &/or enhance qualifications &/or training for development in this post
- Educated to 'A' level standard or equivalent
- Experience in similar role providing comprehensive PA support to senior leaders
- Experience of handling high profile events / visitors
- Extensive knowledge of office procedures
- Knowledge of equalities issues and policies
- High level skills with Microsoft Office
- Excellent typing/minute-taking skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Highly effective communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience of dealing with complaints/difficult situations
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and operate with diplomacy and absolute discretion
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Experience of taking initiative and making balanced decisions
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and effectively prioritise workload to meet performance targets / dead- lines
- Flexible approach to working arrangements
- Experience in a similar role in a Local Authority
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and further information will be sent to your email.
IMPORTANT: Please read this information carefully.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Personal Assistant, PA, HR Officer, Senior Administrator, Office Manager, EA, Senior Office Assistant, Executive Assistant, Senior PA, Business Administrator, Executive Assistant, Office Administrator, Office Assistant, HR Administrator, Business Assistant will also be considered for this role.