FOI & Administration Officer / Data Protection Administrator
Job Title: FOI & Administration Officer
Salary: £19,430 to £21,962 per annum
Hours: Full time - 37hrs per week
Closing Date: Monday 17th July 2017 by 10am
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Member and Support Services Team at the council.
This role will support the council's statutory responsibilities under the Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations including the Council's Publication Scheme; advising officers and councillors and recording FOI requests and responses.
You will also support the overall team by providing an efficient, customer focused administration service, including support to the management team.
- To deliver the service in accordance with key performance indicators and service standards.
- To log, process and coordinate FOI, EIR and SAR requests ensuring responses meet statutory deadlines whilst providing excellent customer service to council officers, members of the public and third party organisations.
- To provide professional advice to officers on appropriate and effective responses to information requests.
- To monitor and update the council's transparency code and recommend publications to the website to reduce/manage the number of FOI requests.
- To liaise with Legal Services when appropriate and manage a timely response to requests for advice.
- To analyse trends for information, where appropriate and advise on appropriate actions.
- To attend training and/or conferences to ensure up to date knowledge that can then be applied in the council.
- Monitoring changes in legislation, informing appropriate parties and updating procedures where relevant.
- To offer a customer focused service and strive to be innovative in the search for continuous improvement.
You must be self-motivated, have excellent organisational and attention to detail taking pride in your work. You will provide advice across the council and therefore must have excellent communication skills. If you think you are the person for this job we are keen to hear from you.
- Minimum requirement of 5 GCSE's including Grade C or above in English and Mathematics or an equivalent Or suitable & similar experience in a local government environment
- Willingness & ability to obtain &/or enhance qualifications &/or training for development in this post
- Able to demonstrate relevant experience in a similar role within a busy and professional office environment
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the Data Protection Act and FOI Act and its application
- Ability to remain calm and be customer focused whilst under pressure
- Ability to use computerised systems for searching information, inputting and retrieval of data
- Able to resolve issues and demonstrate creative solutions in a customer focused manner
- High level skills with Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer care skills
- Highly effective communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and operate with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and take pride in own work
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and effectively prioritise workload to meet performance targets / dead-lines
- Able to work as part of a wider team for the success of the whole team
- Must display a flexible approach and willing attitude
- Experience in a similar role in a Local Authority
- Experience of providing advice regarding FOI's, SAR and EIR
To apply please click on the APPLY button and further information will be sent to you by email.
IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully.
Candidates with experience of; Freedom of Information Officer, FOI Administrator, Data Protection Coordinator, Office Assistant, Administration Manager, Admin Manager, Office Coordinator, Secretary, Executive Assistant, Admin, Administrator, Office Administrator, Admin Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Administrator Assistant, Office Admin, Support Administrator, Business Administrator, EA will also be considered for this role.