Our client is a leading supplier of ladies, men's and childrenswear to some of the UK's major high street stores. They are looking for a numerate, organised and enthusiastic Fabric Technologist.
Fabric Technologist - The Role:
- Work directly with the design and garment technical teams to ensure that fabrics, used in both bought styles and those under development, are fit for purpose and approved in accordance with critical path.
- Ensure clear communications are maintained with the customer(s) and fabric supplier(s) throughout the fabric approval process.
- Take a proactive approach when making recommendations in respect of technical adjustments to the fabric composition, dyeing and finishing processes in order to drive down costs whilst ensuring garments are fit for purpose.
- Be aware of new developments and innovations in respect of fabric; working alongside the Head of Fabric Technology to introduce and deliver any changes that would be of benefit to the business.
- Attend regular meetings with the customer to ensure all parts of the fabric and garment fit process runs smoothly.
- Work closely with fabric support to ensure all technical data, colour standards and administrative processes are completed efficiently and approved in accordance with the critical path.
- Propose commercial alternatives or solutions in order to resolve issues and prevent delays in the manufacturing process.
- Undertake any other tasks deemed necessary and appropriate by your line manager.
Fabric Technologist - The Candidate:
- Experience of developing and sourcing fabrics.
- Ability to show empathy for design within the process.
- Team player within your own department and across the wider business.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Flexible approach, with an ability to demonstrate diplomacy and tenacity as required.
- An ability to understand; the garment costing process; the dynamics of low cost garment manufacturing; and complex supply chains.
- A willingness to undertake UK and overseas travel.
Fabric Technologist - The Package:
- Dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.