Independent Living Officer/Campaigns Officer-Independent Living
Job Title: Independent Living Officer
Salary: £17,419 to £18,070 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, 3 Year Fixed Term Contract
Closing date: Monday 7th August 2017
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 21st August 2017
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake case work in relation to Disabled Facilities Grants in accordance with the adopted policies, procedures and legislation.
- Provide excellent customer service to both customers, Occupational Therapist and Contractors ensuring customer service standards are met at all times.
- Maintain up to date records and files along with performance information to ensure service is in line with its performance targets.
- Administer the company's Pilot Stairlift project.
Service Specific Responsibilities
- Process all DFG referrals received by the company through to approval stage, to include means testing in a timely manner to ensure targets are met.
- Work with Occupational Therapist and Contractors to ensure all adaptations will meet the needs of the customer.
- Maintain accurate records of all DFG's to enable these to be reported monthly.
- Maintain an up to date company approved contractors list.
- Liaise with OT's and Contractors for all cases to ensure all adaptations are necessary and appropriate.
- Process invoices and debtor requests.
- Ensure the database system is up to date and make any amendments required.
- Maintain an up to date register of adapted properties and monitor the Lincs Homefinder housing list to ensure any adapted properties are advertised correctly.
- Provide information for all Land Charge searches in relation to grants and ensure the Land Charges information held is accurate.
- To undertake such other duties as may be determined from time to time, within the general scope and commensurate with the grade of the post. Duties outside the To undertake such other duties as may be determined from time to time, within the general scope and commensurate with the grade of the post. Duties outside the scope of the post may be undertaken with the consent of the post holder.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills, preferably in relation to working with elderly, disabled or vulnerable persons. They will also be required to have a high standard of organisational, communication and IT skills.
Education, Qualifications and Vocational Training
- Minimum 5 GCSE including A-C in English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Willingness & ability to obtain &/or enhance qualifications &/or training for development in this post
- Housing or Business related qualification Application form
- Experience of case work management and prioritising workload
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office Products
- Experience of working in a customer service role
- Experience of using the Flare database system and IDOX document management system
- Experience of dealing with purchases, invoices and financial systems
Knowledge and Skills
- Effective organisational skills
- Good customer service skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Knowledge of data protection principles
- Knowledge and understanding of the Housing Grants, construction and Regneration Act in reference to Disabled Facilities Grants
- Knowledge and experience of monitoring performance
- Ability to work as part of a team and across services
- Willing attitude to undertake a wide range of tasks
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS to complete the attached application form and also the link to our client's website.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Case Officer, Planning Officer, Development Officer, Consultation Officer, Planner, Technical Planning Assistant, Development Planning Coordinator, Planning Technician, Development Technician, Council Planning Controller, Council Planning Consultant, Development Control Planner, Housing Needs Officer, Housing Officer, Housing Options Officer may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Independent Living Officer/Campaigns Officer-Independent Living
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly