Fabric Technologist womenswear - Nottinghamshire
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Fabric Technologist to join an established womenswear business. Looking for someone organised, enthusiastic and numerate with confident knowledge of UK / European testing standards and requirements.
Fabric Technologist - The position
- Contribute to and deliver the fabric sourcing strategy in line with the manufacturing and design strategy
- Innovate and challenge product and sourcing routes in line with group objectives and in partnership with the design and commercial teams
- Ensure that communication with the factories is accurate and timely to aid the control of bulk deliveries and finished garments
- Proactively engineer and advise technical adjustments to fabric composition and dyeing and finishing processes to drive down costs whilst maintaining products that are fit for purpose
- Ensure a seamless link with the design and garment teams to enhance product delivery, costing and commerciality
- Manage customer expectations through regular product meetings and reviews
- Ensure that all actions have deadlines and build strong working relationships
- Deliver activities to agreed critical path dates
- Establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with all fabric suppliers
Fabric Technologist - The Candidate
- Previous experience within the position of Fabric Technical/Fabric Technologist or similar opportunity
- A good knowledge and awareness of UK/European fabric testing standards and requirements with strong practical skills
- Experience of working with a variety of different fabric bases, jersey and woven, preferably outerwear
- Ability to work as part of a team and to liaise with colleagues within the business/externally with e customers
- An effective communicator at all levels, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and to switch between different tasks as required
- Problem-solving skills and decision-making ability
- Competent proficiency in Microsoft packages, systems and software
- Please note this is not a graduate position; only candidates with proven UK industry experience will be considered
Fabric Technologist - Benefits
- 25 days holiday entitlement + Bank Holidays
- Additional benefits package including pension and concessionary discount schemes
Please apply with your updated CV to
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.