Trainee/Graduate Project Manager
The Coal Authority has an exciting opportunity for a Trainee/Graduate Project Manager to join their team based in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire. You will be on a full time permanent basis with a competitive salary of circa £24,000 dependent on experience.
We are based in Nottinghamshire, England. We provide expert advice and creative solutions to manage the public safety and environmental issues from coal and metal mining. We have an ambitious 5 year plan to expand our services, providing advice and services to governments and public bodies in the UK and overseas.
Do you want to be recognised as a leading expert in the Public Safety & Subsidence sector? If so, this is your chance to be part of a team providing expert advice and creative solutions to manage public safety and environmental issues associated with coal and metal mining.
As the Trainee/Graduate Project Manager, you will participate in the Coal Authority trainee development programme. Undertaking structured accelerated learning via a series of placements throughout the business to develop your understanding of the work the Authority carries out. The home department is Public Safety & Subsidence (PS&S).
Responsibilities of our Trainee/Graduate Project Manager
- Assisting in the management of coal mining subsidence damage claims and coal mining surface hazard projects within defined statutory and internal frameworks
- Assisting and showing that adequate investigations are carried out to determine the Authority’s liability
- Assisting and supervising contractors and consultants undertaking research, investigations and remediation
- Assisting and undertaking of field related tasks as required which may include the inspections of properties, liability sites, undertaking monitoring and sampling
- Assisting in the compilation of evidence and submissions in respect of any claims that may be referred to arbitration/lands tribunal
- Acting as a public interface, representing the Authority and dealing with live enquiries from members of the public, and other relevant parties
- Undertaking desk top assessments of claims/incidents
- Assisting project managers in delivery of projects to time and budget
Qualifications and skills required to become our Trainee/Graduate Project Manager
- Undergraduate degree or working towards (2:2 or better) in an Earth Science subject or Engineering or appropriate discipline or able to demonstrate suitable experience for the role.
- Technical experience with an earth science, engineering or managing legacies of mining background
- Experience of managing contractors and consultants
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- A strong teamwork ethic & positive attitude to collaborative working
- A commitment to on-going learning & development
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Willingness to develop & use of commercial acumen
- Willingness to contribute to the Authority’s corporate strategy
- Flexibility to move between departments & ability to travel/work nationally at times
- Due to the locations of our sites the ability to drive would be advantageous
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Trainee/Graduate Project Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!