£Excellent - Dependent on Experience
Are you an experienced Customer Services Adviser with experience ideally gained from within a manufacturing environment? Do you have a good knowledge of Microsoft including Excel, Word and Outlook? Are you available on a fixed term contract, to cover for maternity leave, with the possibility of a permanent role?
Our client, an expanding 2nd tier automotive manufacturer, has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Purchasing Assistant to join their busy, friendly team. You will have responsibility for ensuring customer schedules, related paperwork and invoicing are completed on time and assist the Director in the purchasing of raw materials. Purchasing experience or an understanding of the purchasing process would be an advantage. You will also liaise with clients and suppliers to resolve queries and provide updates. Specific duties include:
- Receive customer schedules and raise works orders for the shop floor
- Create Load sheets and process delivery notes and raise invoices
- Update and Track customer schedules
- Arrange delivery with customers
- Input stock records onto Excel
- Create, update and send orders to suppliers and calculate stock records on Excel
- Run and export sales reports
- Daily liaison with despatch staff, Production Planner and Production Manager
Although experience is required there will be a long hand-over so you will receive a good understanding of the role and requirements beforehand. To be considered you will need the following skills and experience:
- Experience of customer services or sales order processing from within a manufacturing or office environment.
- Purchasing experience would an advantage
- Good knowledge of Microsoft product including Excel, Word and Outlook. (Intermediate Excel would be good)
- Confident personality with the ability to liaise with clients to resolve queries or issues.
- Attention to detail and able to multi-task
Hours are 40 hours per week - 8.30 to 4.30 Monday to Friday. However, there might be flexibility on this. Holiday 23 days plus bank holidays. Although this is a maternity contract there may be the possibility of a permanent role at the end of the contract depending on circumstances at that time.
You may currently work in any of the following roles: Buying Assistant, Customer Services Advisor, Sales Administrator, Order Processing Assistant, Assistant Buyer, Customer Services Coordinator., Supply Chain Assistant.
Apply for Purchasing Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly